Chicken Wrapped in Aubergine

We've just booked a holiday to Kalkan in Turkey. Can't wait..

I've also been getting increasingly interested in Turkish food (I've been following these guys for a while http://eatingturkey.tumblr.com/ - awesome photos and foodie chat)

And finally, I'd been eyeing this one for ages in a simple yet excellent cookbook I have.....and so with a spare evening it was an easy choice



We had some spare Mozzarella (always a good thing) so found an interesting recipe from Food of Italy (the meal turned into a med mix-up)



Chicken was marinaded in some simple spices (fresh All Spice if I remember)



The base for the pasta and cheese dish



melt the mozzarella at the last minute



The chicken is wrapped in strips of fried aubergine, sprinkled with toasted nuts and then baked.



Lovely....

Comments