Lamb Kebab

I am getting increasing interested in Turkish food. It seems to me there is a great deal we don't really know about what seems to be a very interesting mix of east/west. So, after watching Anthony Boudain in Istanbul the other day - I had to cook something this weekend. I suppose slightly disappointingly I went for Kebab....but I certainly wasn't disappointed.

I have a great book on Turkish Cooking and indeed - if you click the link you'll see the front cover is the meal I was attempting.

Only a few major ingredients - a good start



I need to get some of those very flat skewers



Unfortunately it was simply too wet for the outside BBQ :o(



However - they turned out superb



Served on a bed of fried pita, fresh tomato juice and yogurt. Lovely...



...if not a bit turd like !



Comments