Cullen Skink

Having a one year old and a brother with two little one's also means that lunch becomes the new 'going out'. It's great deciding what to have for a Saturday snack...adds a new dimension to my repertoire. 


I'd wanted to cook this for ages - it's from the excellent Gordon Ramsey Pub Food. One of the best cookbooks for simple English fare.


Unfortunately I could not get un-dyed haddock at the last minute. I thought it would be a problem...but i'm not sure I could tell what might have been the problem in the end result.





A simple poach in milk. Does that bay leaf really matter !!!









And a flaked haddock into the simple soup of potato, onion, milk and cream. it was lovely





...but having multiple kids racing around the place meant I forgot to take a photo of the finished dish. oops!







Comments