Pan Fried Lemon Sole with Samphire

Despite being a foodie I'm not really into my fish...with is annoying given I live 10 minutes away from Steve Hatt - probably the best fish monger in the country!

Once a year I trundle down there....panic about what to buy....spend a fortune, and then proceed to screw up the cooking of whatever it was I ended up with.

I thought today was no exception as I was half way through trying to get the skin off the damn soles. Why didn't I get them to do it - I always think "it can't be that difficult"!

Anyway - 20 minutes of pulling, shouting and general mullering of the fish, and I'd got most of the skin off.....but even now my fingers stink! What is it about fish! Give me a steak any day!

Anyway....I'll stop moaning - it actually turned out quite nice!

Skin on !?!



The samphire was delicious....just a quick 2 minutes in boiling water - no salt needed!



Everything tastes good fried in butter



With more butter on top (lemon and parsley too)





Comments