Roast Pork Belly on the rack

An old skool one. This is from the inspirational Appetite by Nigel Slater. A simple concept - just cook to enjoy....experiment and see what happens....the whole book is written by giving a 'starter' receipe and then several ideas for how to cook it in different ways. I think this book still has a lasting effect on my cooking approach today.

So - having been 'inspired' by this receipe almost a decade ago when my cousin cooked it for me and my mates (and earned great respect in doing so), it seemed like a good idea to try again.

Take a belly of pork...



And a few ingredients for a marinade



Mash it all up



And marinade


Some fresh runners in a local shop - had to be done



Cook the pork on a rack - over the pots. Plenty of mess everwhere - but hey - who cares when the pots taste that good !



Ooh Baby !





Richie boy looking forward to it



Perfect



Comments