Tandoori Chicken

I have a great bunch of friends. For my 40th - they bought me a Tandoori Oven !

So..this is the story of when I invited them over for a test run!

A fresh garam marsala in the making......




My trusty spice grinder.....just about holding together (but only just)...





The more.....the merrier......


An arty aubergine shot........


First fry the aubergines.....Boy how much oil do these chaps consume?



Not confident enough on the Tandoor - we also did a Rogon Josh from the awesome Food of Indian cookbook...part of the 'Food of' series and simply excellent. This Rogon was no exception....tender lamb and bursting with flavour.


The aubergines were braised in pickling spice mixture (inc fennel seeds and Nigella seeds). Served cold I though they were the star of the show


Chick peas......with a strong flavour of well cooked (browned?) onions. Lovely.


Can you spot the use of the Tandoori colouring for that authentic look! 24 hours of marinading in a Lemon / yoghurt based marinade



Firing it up..........



And here we go.....
(Made a bit of a mistake - should have waited at least an hour longer - as the chicken took way too long. Still very juicy though)



The finished Rogon



A Dhal Makhini


The finished chicken....


A little Aloo Bhaji on the side


And Nic hunted out the biggest plate in the house to show his appreciation !





Next time.......will I attempt the whole Leg of Lamb? Maybe - but I'll wait for the Tandoor to warm through a bit more (2 - 3 hours!)...









Comments