Claypot Tofu with Mushrooms

Another one from the fantastic Rasa Malaysia blog. It was Friday evening, and I'd not cooked much this week - my three week old son has other ideas :o)
As I work close to China Town I decided to pop in on the way back. I settled on this one as I'd always wanted to get a proper Chinese Clay Pot (after a particularly awesome meal in Malaysia once - a Claypot chicken in a massive street food restaurant in the shadow of the Petronas Towers). However, I was very disappointed as the China Town supermarkets only had a few cheap looking very expensive options. No opportunity for a new cooking toy......Le Crueset it is then!

Tofu again...I really have got into this amazing ingredient. Only fresh though!



Lightly fried until golden (I remembered to get Firm not Silken this time !)



Decided on a few Sichuan Peppercorns. I love that tingle



Reconstituted dried mushrooms



Before braising (with a liberal amount of white pepper)



A small side of Bok Choi with Oyster and Garlic



Chinese in Indian (fusion!!??!!)



Post braising...in my "Le Crueset Clay Pot"



Lovely. Thanks Rasa Malaysia.

Comments